Brookers Road Help and Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://brookersroad.forumotion.com

December, early Jan Empty December, early Jan

Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:14 pm
Hi neighbours

Well this will be a month and a year to remember!

We hope you are keeping safe and well, and that you won't be too affected by the latest Christmas rules.
I personally do recognise this is something Boris didn't want to say and unfortunately that holding off a more restricted Christmas has probably caused more irritation. I believe it is the right thing to do with this new strain and the scary percentage of transfer. Thank goodness we are much further on with testing and vaccinations. We hope you are offered yours soon.

On a more practical note, have any of you had your power trip for no apparent reason? Happened Fri morn and this morning. I am wondering whether it could have anything to do with the cable work and needs reporting - they had been up and down the pole a lot outside ours.

Will be in touch over Christmas x
Admin
Admin

December, early Jan Empty Re: December, early Jan

Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:39 pm
Happy New Year!

Olly, Mark and I enjoyed a quiet night in. I did motivate myself to get dressed up for a change! Everything we had ordered for delivery for our NYE meal was a substitute but we still has s nice meal thanks to Mark! We stayed up to 1.30 which is unusual for me, and I only had one glass of fizz!

We hope you have managed to catch up with family and close friends in some way over this holiday, and that you still had plenty of festive cheer.

I see that John and Kathy, you still pop on here, but since Jeff's scare with possible computer virus he hasn't been on, though a Christmas card would indicate Jeff and Deb are fine.

As we cope with the more virulent covid, please, please do ask if you want us to help with shopping, chemist visits etc.

Love T and M, and Olly boy x
Kathyandjohn

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 pm
Happy New Year , things can only get better we hope.
Christmas Day was strange for us, no family visiting as we are trapped in tier 4 , we had a nice day, and Christmas Lunch which we stared with Wendy and Tony,
I did the cooking and John take it of to them over after the Queen Speech , Wendy did the same on New Years Eve a very nice Lunch, I cooked the Easter Sunday Lunch for them,
who would have thought it the virus when still be with us,.

Thanks Tracy and Mark for you offer of help.
Keep in touch.
Kathy and John x
Admin
Admin

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:06 pm
That was a good idea to cook for each other! I hope you aren't too turkeyed out! We had turkey lasagne last night and we have turkey and ham pie tonight. And we still have a turkey curry to go!
Although I missed seeing my Mum (first time not seeing her over Christmas and New Year) it was nice not to be travelling all around the country visiting family! We have had a few catch ups with friends on video chat and we have been exploring walking in the local area more. Very hard to find quiet walks that aren't muddy!
Keep in good cheer. Let's hope you and other neighbours hear about the vaccine soon x
Kathyandjohn

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:37 pm
John and I went to Arundel last week, I love walking around the town , there are some Beautiful Houses there , even a few New builders, and some Fisherman type cottages
Reminds me of Port Issac in Cornwall, coming back through Amberley and Rackam , I have never seen so many cars packed by the wooden areas, guess every one wants
to avoid other people.

Great to see the Oxford. Vaccine being rolled out,, maybe a proper Easter.
As for the Turkey sliced some for sandwiches, they come out of the freezer, and tasted really nice, still have some for curry.
John would love a Turkey Pie have some Gammon has well .

Kathyx

Sponsored content